Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sunday Scribbles

Sunday Scribbles, Saturday Night Edition

*I am writing and posting my Sunday Scribbles on Saturday - SCANDALOUS!  But I just spent the whole day lounging by the pool in a bikini like a celeb so I kind of feel like I can do whatever I darn well please today.  And I can hear you raising your eyebrows but never fear, I don't wear the bikini in front of company.  I just thought I'd experiment this summer and see if it's even physically possible for my marshmallow stomach to tan.

*Spending days upon end in the pool is very nostalgic for me.  When I was a kid we were home alone most of the summer and had a family membership at the neighborhood pool that was just a few blocks away.  I can't even tell you how many days I spent there but lets just say the membership definitely paid for itself and I am now a very good swimmer.  Spending the last few days out by our pool has been just great.  We haven't been swimming so much in the kids whole lives.  Getting them all packed up to go to the pool or beach is just waaaaay too much work.  Swimming in the backyard?  MUCH easier.

*My kids thought it was awesome that I was (very very briefly) a lifeguard so we played lifeguard for a while and I showed off my skills while they got to pretend to drown.  They were also impressed with my diving ring nabbing talents.

*Tonight I tucked my kids in bed and then joined my hubby in the hot tub to look at the stars and the fireflies.  It doesn't get much better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...