I'm an outside-the-box thinker. I'm not bragging, it's just a fact. Sometimes it's annoying, to myself and to other people. I'm always coming up with harebrained ideas, good and bad.
My flats and handwashing ala Walmart challenge inspired me to come up with a couple of doozies this week. If you've been following along with me then you've already seen my no-sew fleece cover design. But I was also tinkering with the flat itself this week. I cut some homemade flannel flats, which worked fairly well, but what worked even better was the new fold I invented.
I call it: The Happy Anteater
I like it because it gets tighter and trimmer on Ivy and also creates more layers on the hip. Yes, I know babies don't pee out of their hip, but if you like to use a Snappi (as I do) then you need more than two thin layers of fabric on the hips to keep from poking your poor baby with its teeth.
This fold works best with a decent sized flat, so.... guess what I have for you? That's right - a giveaway!
Today we have for you a nice little "Intro to Cloth" kit from Swaddlebees/Blueberry (it's the same company). We're giving away a Snappi, a six-pack of Swaddlebees flats, and a Blueberry one-size coverall so you can get started with cloth now too (or add to your stash, or have a great baby shower gift on hand).
How can you enter?
Lots of ways!
1. This is the mandatory entry - post in the comments saying "enter me" - pretty simple.
2. Become a subscriber on my NEW Youtube channel! - 5 extra entries, let me know you did so in the comments
3. "Like" Mothering From The Maelstrom on Facebook - 1 extra entry, let me know you did so in the comments
4. Subscribe to the blog - 1 extra entry, let me know you did so in the comments
5. Try the Happy Anteater fold out with a flat, towel, or just a square of fabric (32x32 is a good size) and let me know what you thought of the fold and the tutorial - did you get it to work? - 5 extra entries, let me know what you thought in the comments
Update: Oops, I forgot to say the giveaway closes at midnight on June 10th, along with the close of the school year 'round here :-) I'll announce the winner over the weekend.
Flats and Handwashing Challenge 2011:
A Walmart Shopping Spree
It's So Campy
Bye Bye Love
Day 1: So It Begins...
Day 2: Homemade Love
Day 3: Wordless Wednesday
Day 4: Noso Glory
Day 4.5: The Apoocalypse
Day 5: TGIF!
Day 6: Sharing the Love
Day 7: Your Grandma's Diapers
Reflections in a Yellow Puddle
The Happy Anteater